Project Updates and Solvent Abuse
It’s been a while since the last update and I have a few updates.
First I got the “biker” champion finished.
As can be seen he has a shield and a power-spear. A lot of the visual will come from painting effects.
And to give him a shooting weapon I slung his combi-bolter off the saddle.
I also have indulged my creative side with sketches.
Crudely depicted above is my vision of a command APC. Rather than a large vehicle, I wanted a bit more of a compact vehicle.
But using a pencil is a bit different than building. So I did that too.
And this is where the solvents come in…”welding” with a soldering iron and plasticard results in some nasty fumes.
To give a sense of scale, it will be a tight fit. The driver will have a hatch with episcopes to see (much like modern armour). There will be a hull mounted gun right beside the driver just like the old WWII tanks. The main turret will be a Remote Weapon System over both the lower driver/engine compartment area and the command suite.
A bit over-exposed but these show the new APC lifted up to the height the tracks will raise it. It is beside a Chimera for size comparison. Overall a bit narrower but much shorter. Since it is intended to only hold 5 guys, it will be very roomy.
Since I have plans and key measurements I should easily be able to hammer out a few of these. I see myself building at least 2, maybe 3.
A short post, but hopefully inspirational.