Or, a little bit of everything. A brief update today as I have had little hobby time due to the wedding stuff and the effort to get home back in order. Well worth the effort to have time with the wife away from the kids.
Anyhow, I have made a bit more progress on the Persians. Yes, you did read correctly, I have made some efforts on the last few models for that army.
I opted for an irregular pose for the light horse. Paired with the dynamic shooting pose I feel it captures the air of a hit and run unit. The horseman in green looks like he lost control of his horse. Oh well.
I am using a mixture of concrete powder and plaster of paris to cast my pieces so hopefully they will be stronger than plaster alone. I am finding my first few casts are a bit brittle but as I was more patient in removing them I had some better luck. With trial and error I am sure I will get the hang of it.
Hopefully something inspired you today, despite how brief this update was. Future updates will likely see a combination of my casting and also painting progress on the Persians. The last two units of cavalry have base colours on everything right now, but that is misleading as the horse technique I use takes a lot of time and layers.