Domo Arigato Updated Auto
Ok, there is no apology I can attempt that will justify forgiveness for that subject line.
In reality I felt there were a few updates due but nothing justifying what I consider a full update. So thank you very much for automatic update.
Obviously the Well room is finished. As a happy coincidence (and honestly something I expected) my base coat of black dissolved the glue so the buckets were removed to enable painting.
I opted for the usual paint scheme with the deep dark well providing a bit of ambience. The painting of the well let me see capillary action two-fold. First the very liquid paint flowed through gaps to the base and then to the lowest level (the well). Following that, the capillary action caused the liquid to flow via osmosis into the plaster bricks and actually move back up against gravity to disappear into what tile absorbed the paint.
Alright, I know that is a statement that would even make a science teacher yawn and click next on the browser.
Also finished is another end piece. This make my fifth piece. Barring the secret door, this means I have enough pieces to end all potential corridors now. Bear in mind the NOW. As I build more rooms, corridors with intersections, and random secret doors the end piece requirement will continue to grow.
On the recently assembled block I have a couple of corners and a corridor section. Not visible on the corridor is the lever…oh wait, that is because it is detached. I intentionally didn’t glue it down to make sure it was properly painted.
On the painting bench we see another room – the Throne Room. I intend to add a banner behind the raised dais. The main intention is for a miniature with an integral throne to use this as his boss room. I may also build a removable throne for this room too. The corridor section shows off a unique looking piece making use of the small fieldstone bricks. What it is supposed to be is vague but it meets the criteria of a “trick” as per the game design I am pondering. I also threw together a couple of filler corridor sections. The last update had me wishing for some small corridor sections to make pieces fit better so with a bit of foam I made it happen. These pieces also mark the last of my foam supply being used up so no more sections until I hit the hardware store.
Finally I include the obligatory “action” shot although it really lacks action.
It was asked of me when the first battle report on these tiles will be done. To answer that I will say the next games night. My wife and I have tried to do some games nights with another couple and I have some functional versions of cards to give my basic game a test. Soon my dear readers you will see a report showing these tiles in action and maybe a few glimpses into the cobwebs of my subconscious where my draft rules reside.
Hopefully something was inspiring here. If nothing else it forces you to ponder the deep recesses of your mind to middle school/junior high science class. Seriously if you learned anything there I am impressed as most folks I know spent that time drooling over their coed-classmates.