Small Update Big Room
Between work, kids and even getting a cold it has been a while since I managed to update here, so my apologies to the regular readers who missed their biweekly dose of miniatures.
This update sees a couple of projects finished and my attempt to show off something new.
I take no credit for the origin of this idea, but I tried it out and it worked pretty good.
Real world tapestries shrunk down in a photo editor and printed. I have read most folks recommend using textured paper to get the fabric look, but I just used cardstock. If you paint the edges with a neutral colour it blends in. The hanging rods are nothing more than toothpicks cut to length. These are still drying, but once hung…well here’s another example.
The narrow patches of wall between the pillars will be the spot the two narrow ones above will be hung. Barring the addition of those tapestries, I would consider this room done…Action shot.
I also finished off another corridor section. This makes use of the small fieldstone molds and some timber to evoke a sealed passage. Unpainted, I wasn’t sure how it would look. Painted, I am happy with the result.
Obviously the patched wall can stand in for a “trick”.
In reviewing posts, I realize I have never actually shown off what my doors look like. These are all more or less the same, as I have a bunch sitting on my desk I bulk painted. I do a bit of sanding on the bottoms for the doorway that is too small.
Hopefully something here inspired you today, if nothing else to try adding those bits of flavor and character that really makes terrain unique.
This was a short update, but as more time is available, hopefully it will mean more updates, if not bigger ones. My next update may see a report on the playtest of my home-made dungeon crawl system, so stay tuned.