After the game of Dungeon Down I decided it was worth staging a picture of all my dungeon tiles together.
I think the pictures are better suited to being eloquent in this case so here they are:
Quite a bit larger than last time, I am thinking there might be a need for a few more diverse rooms as well as some more corners. The dungeon could benefit from a few more intersections and I think rooms with directions and of course the corridor sections will address that.
In fact, a couple new dungeon modules will help address that.
The newest two sections to get assembled are a Gauntlet Mk II and a T-Junction Stairwell.
The Gauntlet I feel will add some unique aspects without overpowering the party.
The T-Junction Stairwell will give me a couple of options. First it gives a stand-alone entry piece. The party can be deployed on this without forcing movement into a new area. As an added perk it will allow easier connection to other raised sections (like the balcony in the Web Room) or give a sight-blocking path in the middle of the corridor.
As a demonstration of the scale, the Gauntlet does mess better with the smaller archers but even the big guys can make use of the cover.
Finally, I managed to get the base coats on the two other sections that were WIPs before. The test of base-coating the floor prior to attaching walls was a bust: the glue takes longer to dry so it really just draws out the whole process.
Hopefully something was inspirational today. I know the whole scope of the dungeon project seems immense right now, but the small stage by stage building approach made this massive project easy to tackle with bite-sized portions. If you have a big project in mind (or underway) try breaking it into smaller pieces and finish those completely to help give that push towards completing it.